Accidents can be financially devastating to your loved ones. The Accidental Death Plan can help protect your family should an accident claim your life.
For less than $10 a month you can be insured for up to $1,000,000 to help protect and provide for your family's future. Additional coverage for your spouse and children is available for only $2 a month.
The first 60 days of coverage is at no cost.
This plan is available to Credit Union Members between the ages of 18 and 80.
Plan Benefits Include:
- $1,000,000 for death resulting from an accident in a common carrier such as an airplane or bus;
- $150,000 for death resulting from an automobile accident; or
- $100,000 death benefit for any other accident.
Additional family coverage available.
As long as you are between the ages of 18 and 80, you cannot be turned down for coverage, regardless of your current health.
Your loved ones can use the benefit payout however they see fit. Many families use the cash to help pay for funeral expenses, medical costs, or even their children's education. It's financial support you can trust, for members of your credit union.
In the event of an unexpected crisis this supplemental insurance can help ease your family through a difficult time, as well as provide them with a more secure financial future.
Important Information about this plan
- All benefits will be reduced by one-half (50%) if the Covered Person attains age seventy (70) before the date of the Injury or Loss.
This is a summary of benefits only.
Complete information on the benefits, limitations and exclusions of coverage is contained in the Certificate of Insurance which will be issued by Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company, the underwriter of this group Plan.
60-Day Review Period
We want you to be confident you've made the right decision. When your certificate arrives, you'll have 60 days from the effective date stated on the certificate to review it in detail. If you're not totally satisfied that the coverage meets your needs, simply cancel your certificate within the 60 days and you will owe nothing.
Exclusions and Limitations
This plan will not cover accidents that occur before the effective date.
Other exclusions and limitations include:
- intentionally self inflicted injury, suicide or attempted suicide, war or acts of war whether declared or not;
- the use or taking of any narcotic, barbiturate or any drug, unless taken or used as prescribed by a physician;
- the covered person's blood alcohol level is 80 mg of alcohol per 100 ml of blood or higher;
- the covered person is operating or riding in any kind of aircraft, except as a fare-paying passenger on a regularly scheduled commercial flight;
- the covered person committing or attempting to commit a criminal offense;
- sickness, bodily or mental infirmity, or their medical or surgical treatment, including diagnosis or mental disease or disorder;
- voluntary gas inhalation or poison voluntarily taken, administered or inhaled;
- taking alcohol in combination with any drug, medication or sedative;
- West Nile virus however contracted; or
- military or combat activities while serving in the armed forces in any country or international authority.